The reason? Leaving a bag of Cheddar Baked Lays open. James spanked me with the wooden spoon and won't let me watch TV tonight, which means i'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to watch Big Brother (GRRR). It hurt a lot and I am absolutely still in pain.
From an outsider's perspective, a hard spanking and television grounding seems a little harsh for such a minor infraction. This, however, is one of my husband's biggest pet peeves. He has warned me so many times about this and i'm pretty sure i've even been spanked for it. Needless to say, when he walked into the pantry this afternoon and saw the bag of chips open, my fate was sealed.
Off of the top of my head, here are some other pet peeves of his that he would consider a spank-able offense:
1. Switching the headlights from Automatic to On/Off. He insists that they stay on auto.
2. Not recycling a can or a bottle. (Skinny Girl and Diet Coke- my favs)!
3. Turning off the TV but forgetting to turn off the cable box.
4. Placing items on top of our water pitcher in the refrigerator.
5. Placing the toilet paper on the edge of the bathtub. It always falls in during showers. (My dream bathtub is below- the Kohler Sok).
Do your husbands/HOH's have any pet peeves that get you into trouble?